Many of us feel sad but this is not depression. It is bigger than feelings and is not a sign of weakness. More than 4% of us deal with depression so as a therapist I will work with you and possibly your doctor to move past the hopelessness that you feel. Distorted thoughts, emotional numbness and sometimes body chemistry can lead to depression. Therapy works on all those areas.
Symptom of Depression can include:
- A sad anxious or empty mood that will not go away
- Loss of interest in what you used to enjoy
- Low energy, fatigue,
- Changes in sleep patterns that are not related to hormones
- Loss of appetite, weight loss, or weight gain
- Trouble concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
- Feeling guilty, worthless, or helpless
- Thoughts of death of suicide or self harm
I will help you by listening empathically, probing for the root cause and giving you tools that will help you with the needed skills to reactivate your life, think realistically and solve problems. You will some away learning to deal with the thoughts and emotions productively.
If you would like support in this are please call me today at 604-312-6674